02 September 2008

Operation Keep Shirt



Most people who know me know that I'm impulsive, lacking willpower and addicted to sugar. I've been trying various ways to curb the sugar intake and gain some control over my diet lately. I also really love clothes. Unfortunately, it is really hard to find cute, affordable clothes at the fat girl store. I did find this spiffy shirt though. It doesn't look like much in the picture, but it is super cute. I bought it as a bribe to see if bribery will work for me! I basically made a deal with myself that if I eat healthier and don't buy any random donuts or dessert items until September 13th then I get to keep the shirt. Until that date, the shirt keeps its tags and I keep the receipt. If I fail the shirt challenge, it goes back to the store. I really do not want to take this shirt back to the store!!

I'm on Day 4 right now and I'm still on track. I did spend some time at the grocery store this morning browsing for things that would be healthy to eat but still make me happy in the sugar category. I found something hella tasty and since it is pretty cheap, fast, healthy and delicious, I'll share it with you all:

1/2 cup of Dannon Light & Fit Strawberry Yogurt (55 calories)
1/2 cup of Kashi Cocoa Beach granola (230 calories)
Mix together and eat!


This stuff is seriously delicious and actually very filling. I ate it for breakfast this morning. It has enough chocolate flavor to keep me happy, it has nuts to help feel satisfied, coconut flakes that I love, and whole grains + yogurt for the health factor. I'm sure this would even be yummy with 1/4 c. of the granola too which would lower the total calories to 170 instead of 285.

I just thought I'd share all this since I've finally crossed over to the dark side and gone on a diet like every other person I know!

No comments: