17 July 2009

The Ides of...July?






It was my darling Cyrus Evander Leif's birthday on July 15th. I can't believe he's a year old already. He is big, strong, beautiful and well-suited to his warrior-ish name. He's also made me his favorite person! After having girls who preferred their dads at this age, I have to admit all the mom-cuddles and turning to me with his tears is very wonderful. I know a lot of the moms out there get a little sick of kids sticking to them like velcro and wanting ONLY them, but for me it is still a rare privilege and treasure. My girls are very interested in me now, but not then! There is something special about being the baby's favorite person, and I do adore holding the title (finally!).

My blog is sort of decrepit. I'm hoping to make it a little more bloggy in August. For now, I have vertigo and an ear ache in addition to my usual lengthy list of things that cause me pain all the time, and my summer research is in desperate need of love from me. Well, more work than love, but I think I'll be missing in action until the 25th or so.

Cyrus loved his gifts and still has a few more coming in August from his birthday cash from relatives. Unlike Rejeanne, he went right to task ripping paper and yelling at Rejeanne everytime she'd grab his freshly unwrapped gift and run away with it. It was pretty funny! I guess she finally gets the whole present thing. She even learned to say "present" very quickly! If only all words were as exciting as a present, she'd be set!

1 comment:

~liz said...

Thanks for posting these pictures!