05 November 2008

Tears of Joy

I cried a little tonight. I really didn't think a black man, no matter how eloquent or intelligent, could be elected president. Thank you America for proving me wrong. Now I just have to pray that none of the militia-types assassinate him! I know a lot of people don't understand how important it is that Obama won, but it is. I think the undercurrent of racism was hanging out in the light for all to see, especially in the South and in McCain's most ardent supporters (to be fair, they were just there for Palin). I'm thankful that McCain is still the politician that I've admired all these years. Real shame he didn't remind us he isn't a right-winger until his concession speech. If someone would have told me in,say, 2004, that in 2008 I'd vote against McCain in a presidential election, I would have laughed in their face. I think Obama should thank Palin for making so many people sick to their stomachs.

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

I thought the same thing. Lets see where this takes us huh.. Next time maybe the United States will be ready for a woman to run the country