14 June 2009

Mom-Mom vs. Patrick Star

So, a little over a week ago, Rejeanne decided to say a few sentences. She has not really been able to do this for almost a year, so I was quite excited. She said "I want Daddy" and wandered around the house looking for him. She realized he was in the restroom, so she stripped naked and started running around the house. I'm assuming this was in an attempt to get me to put her on the potty, which happened to be in the same room Daddy was in. Since Grandma was here at the time, Rejeanne enlisted her in the conspiracy by climbing on top of a living room chair buck naked and turning to Grandma with her finger over her lips saying "shhhh" followed by the trademarked Rejie Impish Grin.

This was not to be the last of Rejeanne's hijinks that day. I'm laying on the couch next to Lee. Rejeanne climbs up on the couch with me and pokes at my belly. She then said something that sounded like "Hear this belly, are you Patrick?" and then it went something like this:

R: "Mom-mom"
M: "Rej-Rej"
R: "Mom-mom"
M: "Rejie"
R: "Are you Patrick?"
M: "No, I'm not Patrick"
(trying VERY hard not to laugh, Lee is not trying hard at all)

R: "Mom-mom"
M: "Rejie"
R: "Are you Patrick?" (Rejie is giggling because Lee is laughing hysterically by now)
M: "No, I'm not Patrick" (Now I'm laughing hysterically)

L: "Your shirt is Patrick-color" (gasping/laughing and possibly crying)
*5 minutes pass*

R: "Mom-mom"
M: "Rejie"
R: "You are Patrick"
M: "No, I'm Mom-mom"

Well, now anytime I wear anything coral-colored, Rejeanne calls me by Patrick instead of Mom-mom. I think she seriously believes I'm Patrick. I'm posting a horrifying picture of me in my "not leaving the house" clothes for your amusement. I have to admit the resemblance is unfortunately striking. *sigh*



No comments: